As a practicing physician, your top area of expertise is medicine, not business. For many doctors, hiring a business consultant is a sound investment because it allows them to work with an experienced professional who has a fresh perspective on the way their practice runs as a business.
In order to reap the biggest benefits of the consultant relationship, it’s important to choose a professional who specializes in the healthcare industry.
Just as you strive to understand your practice in business terms, your consultant must understand the medical realities that impact your business.
- When choosing a business consultant, look for someone who…..
- Offers a no-cost consultation, whether in person or over the phone
- Has worked with practices of your size and scope in the past
- Can provide positive client testimonials
- Has a proven track record of results
- Asks you about your specific goals for the consulting relationship
- Is able to identify issues you hadn’t considered before
Hiring a business consultant will be most successful if you consider the consultant your partner in improving your business, and make an effort to fully participate in implementing the growth strategies they recommend.
To learn more about medical billing, insurance, coding, outsourcing, and everything you need to establish a successful healthcare practice, follow all of Sherlock Doc’s adventures on the DoctorsBusinessNetwork.com or Doctors Business Channel on YouTube!